Sunday 4 March 2018

90th Academy Awards

I think this is one of the first years I'm not overly invested or excited about the Oscars.  Mostly because I thought the selections this year were pretty weak.  Lady Bird, the big buzz film, aside from Porto is one of the weakest films I've seen.  Usually there is at least a film or two within the pool that grabs me, but most of the films were either lower on my 2017 enjoyable films, and certainly not within my top 10 list.

But this is what I'm predicting for the winners:

Best Picture: Three Billboards
Lead Actor: Gary Oldman: The Darkest Hour
Lead Actress: Francis McDormand, Three Billboards
Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards
Supporting Actress: Mary J. Blige, Mudbound
Director: Jordan Peele, Get Out
Animated Feature: Coco
Animated Short: Lou
Adapted Screenplay: Call Me By your Name
Original Screenplay Get Out
Cinematography: Bladerunner 2049
Best Documentary Feature: LAst Men in Alleppo
Best Documentary Short: Traffic Stop
Best Live Action Short: Delkab Elementary
Foreign Language: The Insult
Film Editing: Dunkirk
Sound Editing: Blade Runner 2049
Sound Mixing: Blade Runner 2049
Production Design: Blade Runner 2049
Original Score: Three Billboards
Original Song: This is me, Greatest Showman
Makeup and Hair: The Darkest Hour
Costume Design: The Shape of Water
Visual Effects: Blade runner 2049

No comments:

Post a Comment